Windows 8 - Zero key on numeric key pad doesn't work

Anonymous
2013-06-13T03:04:33+00:00

I have Windows 8 on a Samsung laptop.

When NUMLOCK is on, all numbers work EXCEPT the zero (0) key. 

When pressed, it opens the small 'undo' menu in the top left corner of the screen.  It is as though the Function-0 key is stuck.

Any ideas to fix would be appreciated.

Jan

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-06-21T16:58:58+00:00

My Samsung laptop has a "Fn Lock" key right above the + key.  I pressed it and it fixed the issue you describe.

I finally found it after a day or two of dealing with the 0 key menu issue.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-25T04:39:28+00:00

    I searched this and found this posting.  I hope there is an answer to this issue.  I already hate this laptop

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-25T04:40:30+00:00

    00000000000000

    Thank you!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-07-16T01:08:01+00:00

    Thank you so much.  Your post was very helpful. This fixed my problem.  There was no way I could have figured it out quickly.

    I appreciate the help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-08-05T13:00:02+00:00

    THANK YOU!!!!

    I suffered for weeks, then the problem miraculously disappeared, then it popped up again.

    That "Fn Lock" is an easy one to hit by accident, and with the only thing it seemed affect being the keypad zero key, it was impossible to figure out on my own.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments