My Samsung laptop has a "Fn Lock" key right above the + key. I pressed it and it fixed the issue you describe.
I finally found it after a day or two of dealing with the 0 key menu issue.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have Windows 8 on a Samsung laptop.
When NUMLOCK is on, all numbers work EXCEPT the zero (0) key.
When pressed, it opens the small 'undo' menu in the top left corner of the screen. It is as though the Function-0 key is stuck.
Any ideas to fix would be appreciated.
Jan
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
My Samsung laptop has a "Fn Lock" key right above the + key. I pressed it and it fixed the issue you describe.
I finally found it after a day or two of dealing with the 0 key menu issue.
Pamela,
Check if the Nums lock key is on or off. If the Nums lock key is off, then the numbers 2,4,6 and 8 work as direction keys.
I have tried this on my computer and it works.
With Nums lock on 2,4,6,8 work as expected.
With Nums lock off, the number keys work as direction keys.
Let us know if this helps.
I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop, have tried using a restore point as soon as I noticed that the number pad in the keyboard wasn't working correctly. The touchpad is working perfectly. #2, 4, 6, and 8 are operating like a direction pad (up, down, left, right). That's why I think it's due to some keystrokes that I can't recall doing so have no idea of how to reverse or correct it.
What make and model machine do you have. The solution will probably been found via the Support of the manufacturer, or by Googling, but to do so we need some details.
You can try System Restore to get back before the problem.
How to repair the operating system and how to restore the operating system configuration to an earlier point in time in Windows Vista (or 7, or 8).
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/936212/#appliesto
See, Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Recovery\ Open System Restore
"The touchpad has been enabled or disabled. The touchpad might have been mistakenly enabled or disabled. The touchpad can be enabled or disabled in several ways, including using keyboard shortcuts (key combinations on the keyboard), using Device Manager, or by using the touchpad settings in Control Panel.
•The touchpad settings might be set incorrectly. Most touchpads have adjustable settings and these settings can make the touchpad function improperly if set incorrectly.
Note
•Most manufacturers have included a keyboard shortcut for enabling or disabling the touchpad. Some PC manufacturers also include additional multitouch functionality that allows you to enable or disable the touchpad by using particular touch gestures on the touchpad."
Mouse, touchpad, and keyboard problems in Windows