Windows 8 - Zero key on numeric key pad doesn't work

Anonymous
2013-06-13T03:04:33+00:00

I have Windows 8 on a Samsung laptop.

When NUMLOCK is on, all numbers work EXCEPT the zero (0) key. 

When pressed, it opens the small 'undo' menu in the top left corner of the screen.  It is as though the Function-0 key is stuck.

Any ideas to fix would be appreciated.

Jan

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-06-21T16:58:58+00:00

My Samsung laptop has a "Fn Lock" key right above the + key.  I pressed it and it fixed the issue you describe.

I finally found it after a day or two of dealing with the 0 key menu issue.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-06-08T16:38:06+00:00

    00000000

    back! really annoying as I have a 0 in my sign in!

    My cat likes to sit on the keyboard when I'm not watching, and manages to do all sorts of amazing things.

    My Samsung too has a Fn Lock at the end of the F key strip.

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-06-05T18:59:02+00:00

    My Samsung laptop has a "Fn Lock" key right above the + key.  I pressed it and it fixed the issue you describe.

    I finally found it after a day or two of dealing with the 0 key menu issue.

    Thank you so much - that was driving me CRAZY!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-03-23T09:03:31+00:00

    thanks a lot it helped.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-10-02T01:36:12+00:00

    This worked for me!!! Thank you!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments