Windows 8 - Zero key on numeric key pad doesn't work

Anonymous
2013-06-13T03:04:33+00:00

I have Windows 8 on a Samsung laptop.

When NUMLOCK is on, all numbers work EXCEPT the zero (0) key. 

When pressed, it opens the small 'undo' menu in the top left corner of the screen.  It is as though the Function-0 key is stuck.

Any ideas to fix would be appreciated.

Jan

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-06-21T16:58:58+00:00

My Samsung laptop has a "Fn Lock" key right above the + key.  I pressed it and it fixed the issue you describe.

I finally found it after a day or two of dealing with the 0 key menu issue.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-03-31T00:42:22+00:00

    Thank you!!!! Cleaned off my keyboard must have hit it.... the things you look at everyday and never see :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-11-07T17:49:48+00:00

    fixed me too, after many weeks trying myself

    000000000000

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-28T16:06:21+00:00

    I had the same problem with the zero button pulling up the 'undo' menu. I was actually more frustrated that every time I hit the delete key, it would try and eject a disc from the CD drive. I hit the 'Fn Lock' button as directed above and it solved both problems! Again, it's located above the +/= key.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-28T15:10:46+00:00

    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!  Other answers were either guesses, B.S. or insults.

    Ricky Spanish

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments