My Samsung laptop has a "Fn Lock" key right above the + key. I pressed it and it fixed the issue you describe.
I finally found it after a day or two of dealing with the 0 key menu issue.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have Windows 8 on a Samsung laptop.
When NUMLOCK is on, all numbers work EXCEPT the zero (0) key.
When pressed, it opens the small 'undo' menu in the top left corner of the screen. It is as though the Function-0 key is stuck.
Any ideas to fix would be appreciated.
Jan
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
My Samsung laptop has a "Fn Lock" key right above the + key. I pressed it and it fixed the issue you describe.
I finally found it after a day or two of dealing with the 0 key menu issue.
Anything useful in these?
Disable edge swipe on Synaptics, ALPS, Lenovo UltraNav, ELAN, ASUS Smart Gesture
http://tipsandtricksforum.com/thread-159.html
Mouse and keyboard: What's new in Windows
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-au/windows-8/mouse-keyboard-whats-new
Touch: Swipe, tap, and beyond
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-AU/windows-8/touch-swipe-tap-beyond
i also have a samsung laptop and i tried the control function button and number lock but my 0 button on my 10 key still brings up like im hitting the function 0 button... does anyone else have any suggestions??? also how do i stop it from when im using the touch pad trying to drag something it switches from desktop mode to windows 8 mode also if i move the mouse cursor all the way to the right it brings up some mean options how do i stop that as well.. i am really not liking windows 8
I meant to reply long before now but this was the fix! thanks for your help last year.
Hi
I was looking for an answer to self same problem and read your reply. Thanks I have been struggling with the zero key for a while and your answer has solved this