Windows 8 - Zero key on numeric key pad doesn't work

Anonymous
2013-06-13T03:04:33+00:00

I have Windows 8 on a Samsung laptop.

When NUMLOCK is on, all numbers work EXCEPT the zero (0) key. 

When pressed, it opens the small 'undo' menu in the top left corner of the screen.  It is as though the Function-0 key is stuck.

Any ideas to fix would be appreciated.

Jan

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-06-21T16:58:58+00:00

My Samsung laptop has a "Fn Lock" key right above the + key.  I pressed it and it fixed the issue you describe.

I finally found it after a day or two of dealing with the 0 key menu issue.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

46 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-10-12T14:09:02+00:00

    This fixed, thank you so much, I have been living with this annoyance for months!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-26T11:51:22+00:00

    Pamela,

    Check if the Nums lock key  is on or off. If the Nums lock key is off, then the numbers 2,4,6 and 8 work as direction keys.

    I have tried this on my computer and it works.

    With Nums lock on 2,4,6,8 work as expected.

    With Nums lock off, the number keys work as direction keys.

    Let us know if this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-09-26T06:09:32+00:00

    I have a Dell Inspiron Laptop, have tried using a restore point as soon as I noticed that the number pad in the keyboard wasn't working correctly.  The touchpad is working perfectly. #2, 4, 6, and 8 are operating like a direction pad (up, down, left, right). That's why I think it's due to some keystrokes that I can't recall doing so have no idea of how to reverse or correct it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments