Please follow the suggestions provided by TnTzz replied on December 19, 2014in the following link:
Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue so that we can work on it to help you better.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
The Windows Modules Installer Worker service hogs up a lot of memory constantly & I can't figure out the reason.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Please follow the suggestions provided by TnTzz replied on December 19, 2014in the following link:
Please get back to us with the updated status of the issue so that we can work on it to help you better.
THE EASY WAY TO PREVENT:
(WINDOWS MODULES INSTALLER) FROM HOGGING MEMORY
and HAVING TO WAIT FOR YOUR COMPUTER TO RUN SMOOTH AGAIN !
WINDOWS 7 VERSION
-On Keyboard-
1. Press Windows Symbol +R together....
(brings up search window with: services.msc
2. Click - OK
(brings up - ( Services (local) Window )
( Windows Module... )
Double Click it..... brings up Modules Properties....
4. Under General Tab go to:
"Startup Type"
You will see 4 options there and click
"DISABLE"
IGNORE THE WARNING and Say OK !
I did this over a week ago and had NO Problems with my Laptop since !
( If this helps you, please let me know )
Good Luck !
**P. S. You can always go back and change it to what it was......!**
**Also - I have Norton Internet Security Installed as well...!**
when I tried to do the sfc scan it didn't work told me you must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc utility
I did everything you said to do and the only running process that was using up a bunch of CPU power and memory was the darn Windows Modules Installer Worker. Can I turn it off or will that screw up my computer?
Yes, you can (turn it off) and still be safe with no more lag and waiting !
I did on mine and it has been running without problems ever since..!
And remember you can always turn it back on !