Regarding Method 1, STOP is grayed out. I cannot stop the damn thing.
Windows Modules Installer Worker causes memory hog
The Windows Modules Installer Worker service hogs up a lot of memory constantly & I can't figure out the reason.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2017-04-27T19:52:22+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-02-01T14:28:33+00:00 Open the service and set it to Manual, instead of the default Automatic. "DO NOT DISABLE". Your disk usage should drop to almost 0.
-
Anonymous
2017-01-11T01:43:36+00:00 Windows 10 does not run that way. There is no "left pane" to select "run as administrator. As all of these "answers" do not give the correct steps for Windows 10!
-
Anonymous
2016-12-13T23:55:05+00:00 Hmmmm....no, absolutely no effect, in fact the troubleshooter did not even find and issue...and I'm staring at 97% disk usage...for the last, oh, 45 minutes....WIN 10 is broken as well