Need to restart my laptop every time to get sound.

Anonymous
2013-03-20T19:44:28+00:00

Original title: Problems With Windows 8 Sound

Hi ,

     I got a problem with Sound in Windows 8 Operating System (hP G60 model)..Device drivers are installed properly ..!! I need to restart my laptop every time problem occurs..if i restart the laptop,  sound is working fine..!!..I have no idea why its not coming sound when i first switch on laptop.!every time i need to restart laptop for sound.! one more problem is if i haven't used laptop for 15-20min it goes sleeping  mode and  when i  used back - again facing same problem.!!..Does i need to install any drivers?..Does it require?..Plz help me out..Thank your for your help in advance.!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-11T05:31:07+00:00

    Yeah, "scan for hardware changes" works 90% of the time

    It's like no sound works for you tube, FB and iTunes seems to lag and dosest even play the song 

    though it says its playing.

    So when I restart (now scan for changes) it seems to work. Also have ASUS F550c with no sound card just High re-talk audio so I cant reinstall the sound card. cause I don't have one

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-08-22T07:28:38+00:00

    So uh... through playing games, the sound, I managed to get to work.. But my microphone seemed not to work.

    so I went to device manager and then either scanned for hardware changes in microphone (or looked for updates or checked for problems) 

    Then my microphone seemed to work and also my music

    iTunes doesn't freeze, FB videos work and you tube. and games sound clear.

    So... I thought id put this here just to help, if not sorry.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-27T11:15:24+00:00

    My problem just fixed itself in a couple of weeks after constant clicking of ''scan for hardware change''. However I think that this problem hasn't occured since the last windows update, maybe there's something to it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-06-10T03:22:49+00:00

    i too have the same problem but set default button is not working for me

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-03-03T07:33:03+00:00

    Best advice. Save up and get a Mac. If you use sh***y Microsoft to watch tv with a hdmi. You're gonna have to restart your computer a couple f**king times a day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments