Need to restart my laptop every time to get sound.

Anonymous
2013-03-20T19:44:28+00:00

Original title: Problems With Windows 8 Sound

Hi ,

     I got a problem with Sound in Windows 8 Operating System (hP G60 model)..Device drivers are installed properly ..!! I need to restart my laptop every time problem occurs..if i restart the laptop,  sound is working fine..!!..I have no idea why its not coming sound when i first switch on laptop.!every time i need to restart laptop for sound.! one more problem is if i haven't used laptop for 15-20min it goes sleeping  mode and  when i  used back - again facing same problem.!!..Does i need to install any drivers?..Does it require?..Plz help me out..Thank your for your help in advance.!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-30T18:44:29+00:00

    Same problem here.  I think it started after the most recent Win8 auto update.  I have not updated to 8.1.  I have a toshiba satellite.  I turn on the computer, no sound, restart, then it works.  I tried system restore and that doesn't work either.  I did a virus scan and no problems there.  I might have to do a full system recovery, but I really don't want to do that. 

    There is no hope in Windows.  I decided last year soon after getting this Win8 monstrosity that I am DONE with windows.  After 20 years, I am DONE with this company.  They screwed so bad with the people who have stuck with them over the years (me).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-31T06:00:22+00:00

    hey i didn't find any permanent solution. but as many others previously said do scan for hardware changes.most embarrassingly my microphone is also occurring the same problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-08-04T14:15:05+00:00

    Having the same issue with 3-4 users. Only fix so far is restarting. Id like an update

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-06T19:09:37+00:00

    Hello Windows

    I am having the same issue with sound (having to restart to regain it). 

    Clearly this is an update issue as I, among almost everyone else here, has had this problem since an update has taken place. Surely the guys at Microsoft can put a little amount of time figuring out why this is occurring possibly by seeing the difference in the audio code between updates?! Whatever it is, this should have been fixed by now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-08-06T19:34:03+00:00

    I performed system restore to a point before I started getting this problem and everything is back to normal.  I then turned off windows automatic update so they cannot cause any more head aches.  I hate auto update.  Actually, this life-long windows user is going to jump ship soon.  Bye Windows, you lost a loyal customer.  Windows 8 is the worst OS!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments