I have the same problem with my Samsung laptop on Windows 8. I tried all the fixes, all the drivers are updated, it says everything is working properly but there's still no sound and the only thing that helps is restarting the computer. Firstly the sound disappeared only after the laptop came from sleep mode, now the sound dies also in the middle of me playing something (was watching a video on Youtube and then suddenly it wouldn't play, said there's been an error and then all sound died on my computer, some programs still play the file with no sound, Windows Media Player sends an error msg that the file cannot be played). I've searched everywhere for a fix but still no luck.
Need to restart my laptop every time to get sound.
Original title: Problems With Windows 8 Sound
Hi ,
I got a problem with Sound in Windows 8 Operating System (hP G60 model)..Device drivers are installed properly ..!! I need to restart my laptop every time problem occurs..if i restart the laptop, sound is working fine..!!..I have no idea why its not coming sound when i first switch on laptop.!every time i need to restart laptop for sound.! one more problem is if i haven't used laptop for 15-20min it goes sleeping mode and when i used back - again facing same problem.!!..Does i need to install any drivers?..Does it require?..Plz help me out..Thank your for your help in advance.!!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2014-07-17T19:21:34+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-07-18T20:12:59+00:00 Can not a single person at Microsoft nor the rest of the internet find a solution to this problem? I've been having this problem for a while, and so have other people, and I haven't found anything useful anywhere.
-
Anonymous
2014-07-18T21:54:48+00:00 I have the exact same problem with Windows 8. My computer is an Asus laptop with Realtek High Definition Audio. I have tried all of the fixes you suggested. The only way I can get the sound to work is to restart the computer. This is beyond frustrating. It started a week ago.
You may have a different problem than what started this discussion if it started about a week ago. This recent problem appears to be coming from OPTIONAL (for my HPEnvydv7) update KB2962407. Remove it and see if it fixes your problem, it did mine. If it doesn't, you can always reinstall the update. If you search the community with "audio sound" you will find several discussions with step-by-step instructions on how to remove the update if you don't know how.
-
Anonymous
2014-07-19T03:14:44+00:00 Unfortunately didn't work for me.
-
Anonymous
2014-07-19T17:34:24+00:00 As a temporary solution "scan for hardware changes" works for me! thanks