Hello, I'm sorry for bothering you but.. It comes out with Properties only.. I can't find Uninstall button.. Do I have to be an administrator?
Need to restart my laptop every time to get sound.
Original title: Problems With Windows 8 Sound
Hi ,
I got a problem with Sound in Windows 8 Operating System (hP G60 model)..Device drivers are installed properly ..!! I need to restart my laptop every time problem occurs..if i restart the laptop, sound is working fine..!!..I have no idea why its not coming sound when i first switch on laptop.!every time i need to restart laptop for sound.! one more problem is if i haven't used laptop for 15-20min it goes sleeping mode and when i used back - again facing same problem.!!..Does i need to install any drivers?..Does it require?..Plz help me out..Thank your for your help in advance.!!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2014-05-13T13:27:48+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-05-13T14:31:01+00:00 Hi Hemza,
Thank you for the updates.
You need to be logged in as an Administrator to perform these steps. You need use an administrator account to perform any major task or installing or uninstalling programs or drivers on the computer.
For further information, refer to the article:
Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.
-
Anonymous
2014-06-24T05:58:28+00:00 This problem is intensely annoying. I have found a solution that works for me. It isn't permanent as you have to do it each time the speakers stop, but it is better than restarting all the time.
Go to Device Manager
Right click on Sound video and game controllers
and click "scan for hardware changes"
That works for me.
-
Anonymous
2014-07-13T22:56:09+00:00 Hi Jody,
- What is the make and model of the computer?
- Do you receive any error codes or messages?
This issue may occur if the sound card drivers are not installed properly.
You may try to uninstall and reinstall the sound card drivers in Windows 8 compatibility mode.
a. Press Windows key + X on the desktop Screen and select Device manager.
b. Expand sound, video and game controllers. Right-click the audio device, and then click Uninstall to remove it.
c. Restart the computer.
You may refer to the computer manufacturer website and install the Windows 8.1 version of sound card and chipset drivers and check.
Also check for BIOS updates.
Important: Modifying BIOS (Basic input output system)/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.
Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.
Hi,
I am facing the same problem. I have a Dell i3 notebook running Window 8. Sound was ok till last week. Suddenly it stopped working. Every time I start notebook I have to uninstall Realtek driver and then restart the notebook and install the driver to make the sound work. I did all the steps listed above but of no use. I still face the problem. Please help
-
Anonymous
2014-07-14T13:27:02+00:00 Hey ChelTel,
I ended up doing the same thing by clicking on "scan for hardware changes" and then they work. I don't know why this is happening but it started happening as soon as i once switched on my laptop and my laptop screen remained blank with just the lights on :( I couldn't switch if off properly so i just pressed the on/off button until it shut down again. Then i had the beginning of this problem.. it's really annoying -.-