I also have this problem with an Asus laptop with Conexant SmartAudio HD, similar to hpkathy's post.
The only "fix" - which is TEMPORARY - is to scan hardware.
WHERE IS MICROSOFT ON ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Original title: Problems With Windows 8 Sound
Hi ,
I got a problem with Sound in Windows 8 Operating System (hP G60 model)..Device drivers are installed properly ..!! I need to restart my laptop every time problem occurs..if i restart the laptop, sound is working fine..!!..I have no idea why its not coming sound when i first switch on laptop.!every time i need to restart laptop for sound.! one more problem is if i haven't used laptop for 15-20min it goes sleeping mode and when i used back - again facing same problem.!!..Does i need to install any drivers?..Does it require?..Plz help me out..Thank your for your help in advance.!!
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I also have this problem with an Asus laptop with Conexant SmartAudio HD, similar to hpkathy's post.
The only "fix" - which is TEMPORARY - is to scan hardware.
WHERE IS MICROSOFT ON ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE?
I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY SAMSUNG LAPTOP, EVEN THINK ON A VIRUS, DID YOU HAD ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS ?
[SOLVED!]
I was able to solve this problem by switching operating systems (GNU/Linux Distribution). (obviously)
It's a really fun process and quite technologically invigorating to make the big switch from windows to GNU/linux.
I had the same issue since the windows update. I solve it but putting back the last version of my audio pilote in control panel. Hope it will help! :)
As a temporary solution "scan for hardware changes" works for me! thanks