Need to restart my laptop every time to get sound.

Anonymous
2013-03-20T19:44:28+00:00

Original title: Problems With Windows 8 Sound

Hi ,

     I got a problem with Sound in Windows 8 Operating System (hP G60 model)..Device drivers are installed properly ..!! I need to restart my laptop every time problem occurs..if i restart the laptop,  sound is working fine..!!..I have no idea why its not coming sound when i first switch on laptop.!every time i need to restart laptop for sound.! one more problem is if i haven't used laptop for 15-20min it goes sleeping  mode and  when i  used back - again facing same problem.!!..Does i need to install any drivers?..Does it require?..Plz help me out..Thank your for your help in advance.!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-16T22:48:45+00:00

    Just make it work

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-08-28T15:49:18+00:00

    Can you add this to your reply:

    Sometimes the audio service hangs which causes audio playback issues. This is especially true if you use multiple audio devices such as docks, different monitors with audio playback, or USB audio DACs. Simply restarting the service by running the two commands below in a command prompt typically resolves the issue, though, sometimes in chrome I have to reload the tab or sometimes the entire browser.

    net stop audiosrv

    net start audiosrv

    You can also put these commands in a notepad and save the file as audiosrv.bat and it will run the two commands for you so you don't have to remember the commands.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-08-28T06:58:24+00:00

    Hi,

     I got a problem with Sound in Windows 7 Operating System (hp pavilion g6 model)..Device drivers are installed properly ..!! I need to restart my laptop every time & sometimes its takes time to restart and many times restart problem occurs..if i restart the laptop,  sound is working fine..!!..I have no idea why its not coming sound when i first switch on laptop.!every time i need to restart laptop for sound.! when I update my driver & then no problem in sound but after some day sound problem again start.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-07-31T17:15:00+00:00

    I have the same issue every time I connect my USB audio DAC. The device installs, is set to default playback device and will show system sounds under mixer but nothing else. I restart audiosrv and it resolves the issue. Depending on the browser and/or the media I'm playing I sometimes have to restart my browser or reload the window before the audio will play. It's a workaround but it's still annoying.

    • Open a CMD prompt

    windows key + r

    put "cmd" in the prompt and hit enter

    • In the CMD prompt put the following two lines:

    net stop audiosrv

    net start audiosrv

    • Restart media, reload tab or restart browser in that order until you hear audio.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-03-03T07:33:03+00:00

    Best advice. Save up and get a Mac. If you use sh***y Microsoft to watch tv with a hdmi. You're gonna have to restart your computer a couple f**king times a day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments