Need to restart my laptop every time to get sound.

Anonymous
2013-03-20T19:44:28+00:00

Original title: Problems With Windows 8 Sound

Hi ,

     I got a problem with Sound in Windows 8 Operating System (hP G60 model)..Device drivers are installed properly ..!! I need to restart my laptop every time problem occurs..if i restart the laptop,  sound is working fine..!!..I have no idea why its not coming sound when i first switch on laptop.!every time i need to restart laptop for sound.! one more problem is if i haven't used laptop for 15-20min it goes sleeping  mode and  when i  used back - again facing same problem.!!..Does i need to install any drivers?..Does it require?..Plz help me out..Thank your for your help in advance.!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-04T16:11:18+00:00

    Sometimes the audio service hangs which causes audio playback issues. This is especially true if you use multiple audio devices such as docks, different monitors with audio playback, or USB audio DACs. Simply restarting the service by running the two commands below in a command prompt typically resolves the issue, though, sometimes in chrome I have to reload the tab or sometimes the entire browser.

    Open command prompt:

    Win + r

    type "cmd"

    hit run

    For 90% of people you just need audiosrv but you can run the optional commands (without the "(optional)"):

    net stop audiosrv

    net stop AudioEndpointBuilder (optional)

    net start audiosrv

    net start AudioEndpointBuilder (optional)

    This is essentially what fixes the issue when you do the reboot because the audio service restarts during the reboot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-04T00:54:48+00:00

    DELL XPS 890      WNDOWS 10 HOME

    I was having a sound problem and I called Dell. The sound would always go off after "sleep" and not come back on unless I rebooted. I said that I would post, if Dell fixed it, so here is what they did:

    The chipset needed an update so they did that while taking control of my PC.

    The Bios needed an update and that was done.

    I had a program called "Clean My PC" installed. They said that it was a bad program and caused several problems. With my permission, they removed it.

    My PC is fixed and the sound now works as it should. This may not work for others, but it solved my problem.

    I hope this works for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-03T21:45:47+00:00

    Hi,

     I got a problem with Sound in Windows 7 Operating System (hp pavilion g6 model)..Device drivers are installed properly ..!! I need to restart my laptop every time & sometimes its takes time to restart and many times restart problem occurs..if i restart the laptop,  sound is working fine..!!..I have no idea why its not coming sound when i first switch on laptop.!every time i need to restart laptop for sound.! when I update my driver & then no problem in sound but after some day sound problem again start.

    Go for BIOS update. check BIOS update on your device's manufacturer website.

    I have windows 10 with the same problem, so it is not just windows 7 or 8. I have a Dell XPS 8900 and the Dell Site has no help for this.

    I might call Dell and if they have a solution I'll post it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-24T18:06:39+00:00

    Hi,

     I got a problem with Sound in Windows 7 Operating System (hp pavilion g6 model)..Device drivers are installed properly ..!! I need to restart my laptop every time & sometimes its takes time to restart and many times restart problem occurs..if i restart the laptop,  sound is working fine..!!..I have no idea why its not coming sound when i first switch on laptop.!every time i need to restart laptop for sound.! when I update my driver & then no problem in sound but after some day sound problem again start.

    Go for BIOS update. check BIOS update on your device's manufacturer website.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-11-24T18:05:55+00:00

    I have this same problem. When I start my PC I have no sound. I need to restart to get sound.

    This problem only started when the PC updated to 8.1 from 8.

    I have tried  all the above. As well as new drivers.

    Please help

    Go for BIOS update. check BIOS update on your device's manufacturer website.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments