i too have the same problem but set default button is not working for me
Need to restart my laptop every time to get sound.
Original title: Problems With Windows 8 Sound
Hi ,
I got a problem with Sound in Windows 8 Operating System (hP G60 model)..Device drivers are installed properly ..!! I need to restart my laptop every time problem occurs..if i restart the laptop, sound is working fine..!!..I have no idea why its not coming sound when i first switch on laptop.!every time i need to restart laptop for sound.! one more problem is if i haven't used laptop for 15-20min it goes sleeping mode and when i used back - again facing same problem.!!..Does i need to install any drivers?..Does it require?..Plz help me out..Thank your for your help in advance.!!
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2016-06-10T03:22:49+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-08-27T11:15:24+00:00 My problem just fixed itself in a couple of weeks after constant clicking of ''scan for hardware change''. However I think that this problem hasn't occured since the last windows update, maybe there's something to it.
-
Anonymous
2014-08-22T07:28:38+00:00 So uh... through playing games, the sound, I managed to get to work.. But my microphone seemed not to work.
so I went to device manager and then either scanned for hardware changes in microphone (or looked for updates or checked for problems)
Then my microphone seemed to work and also my music
iTunes doesn't freeze, FB videos work and you tube. and games sound clear.
So... I thought id put this here just to help, if not sorry.
-
Anonymous
2014-08-11T05:31:07+00:00 Yeah, "scan for hardware changes" works 90% of the time
It's like no sound works for you tube, FB and iTunes seems to lag and dosest even play the song
though it says its playing.
So when I restart (now scan for changes) it seems to work. Also have ASUS F550c with no sound card just High re-talk audio so I cant reinstall the sound card. cause I don't have one
-
Anonymous
2014-08-06T19:34:03+00:00 I performed system restore to a point before I started getting this problem and everything is back to normal. I then turned off windows automatic update so they cannot cause any more head aches. I hate auto update. Actually, this life-long windows user is going to jump ship soon. Bye Windows, you lost a loyal customer. Windows 8 is the worst OS!