Need to restart my laptop every time to get sound.

Anonymous
2013-03-20T19:44:28+00:00

Original title: Problems With Windows 8 Sound

Hi ,

     I got a problem with Sound in Windows 8 Operating System (hP G60 model)..Device drivers are installed properly ..!! I need to restart my laptop every time problem occurs..if i restart the laptop,  sound is working fine..!!..I have no idea why its not coming sound when i first switch on laptop.!every time i need to restart laptop for sound.! one more problem is if i haven't used laptop for 15-20min it goes sleeping  mode and  when i  used back - again facing same problem.!!..Does i need to install any drivers?..Does it require?..Plz help me out..Thank your for your help in advance.!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T17:52:23+00:00

    I also have this problem with an Asus laptop with Conexant SmartAudio HD, similar to hpkathy's post.

    The only "fix" - which is TEMPORARY - is to scan hardware.

    WHERE IS MICROSOFT ON ADDRESSING THIS ISSUE?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-19T23:30:10+00:00

    I had the same issue since the windows update. I solve it but putting back the last version of my audio pilote in control panel. Hope it will help! :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-19T17:34:24+00:00

    As a temporary solution "scan for hardware changes" works for me! thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-07-19T03:14:44+00:00

    Unfortunately didn't work for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-07-18T21:54:48+00:00

    I have the exact same problem with Windows 8. My computer is an Asus laptop with Realtek High Definition Audio. I have tried all of the fixes you suggested. The only way I can get the sound to work is to restart the computer. This is beyond frustrating. It started a week ago.

    You may have a different problem than what started this discussion if it started about a week ago.  This recent problem appears to be coming from OPTIONAL (for my HPEnvydv7) update KB2962407.  Remove it and see if it fixes your problem, it did mine.  If it doesn't, you can always reinstall the update.  If you search the community with "audio sound" you will find several discussions with step-by-step instructions on how to remove the update if you don't know how.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments