Need to restart my laptop every time to get sound.

Anonymous
2013-03-20T19:44:28+00:00

Original title: Problems With Windows 8 Sound

Hi ,

     I got a problem with Sound in Windows 8 Operating System (hP G60 model)..Device drivers are installed properly ..!! I need to restart my laptop every time problem occurs..if i restart the laptop,  sound is working fine..!!..I have no idea why its not coming sound when i first switch on laptop.!every time i need to restart laptop for sound.! one more problem is if i haven't used laptop for 15-20min it goes sleeping  mode and  when i  used back - again facing same problem.!!..Does i need to install any drivers?..Does it require?..Plz help me out..Thank your for your help in advance.!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-04T00:54:48+00:00

    DELL XPS 890      WNDOWS 10 HOME

    I was having a sound problem and I called Dell. The sound would always go off after "sleep" and not come back on unless I rebooted. I said that I would post, if Dell fixed it, so here is what they did:

    The chipset needed an update so they did that while taking control of my PC.

    The Bios needed an update and that was done.

    I had a program called "Clean My PC" installed. They said that it was a bad program and caused several problems. With my permission, they removed it.

    My PC is fixed and the sound now works as it should. This may not work for others, but it solved my problem.

    I hope this works for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-16T22:48:45+00:00

    Just make it work

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-08-28T15:49:18+00:00

    Can you add this to your reply:

    Sometimes the audio service hangs which causes audio playback issues. This is especially true if you use multiple audio devices such as docks, different monitors with audio playback, or USB audio DACs. Simply restarting the service by running the two commands below in a command prompt typically resolves the issue, though, sometimes in chrome I have to reload the tab or sometimes the entire browser.

    net stop audiosrv

    net start audiosrv

    You can also put these commands in a notepad and save the file as audiosrv.bat and it will run the two commands for you so you don't have to remember the commands.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T02:58:59+00:00

    I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH MY SAMSUNG LAPTOP, EVEN THINK ON A VIRUS, DID YOU HAD ANY SOLUTION FOR THIS ?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-05-13T13:27:48+00:00

    Hello, I'm sorry for bothering you but.. It comes out with Properties only.. I can't find Uninstall button.. Do I have to be an administrator?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments