Need to restart my laptop every time to get sound.

Anonymous
2013-03-20T19:44:28+00:00

Original title: Problems With Windows 8 Sound

Hi ,

     I got a problem with Sound in Windows 8 Operating System (hP G60 model)..Device drivers are installed properly ..!! I need to restart my laptop every time problem occurs..if i restart the laptop,  sound is working fine..!!..I have no idea why its not coming sound when i first switch on laptop.!every time i need to restart laptop for sound.! one more problem is if i haven't used laptop for 15-20min it goes sleeping  mode and  when i  used back - again facing same problem.!!..Does i need to install any drivers?..Does it require?..Plz help me out..Thank your for your help in advance.!!

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2017-12-04T16:11:18+00:00

    Sometimes the audio service hangs which causes audio playback issues. This is especially true if you use multiple audio devices such as docks, different monitors with audio playback, or USB audio DACs. Simply restarting the service by running the two commands below in a command prompt typically resolves the issue, though, sometimes in chrome I have to reload the tab or sometimes the entire browser.

    Open command prompt:

    Win + r

    type "cmd"

    hit run

    For 90% of people you just need audiosrv but you can run the optional commands (without the "(optional)"):

    net stop audiosrv

    net stop AudioEndpointBuilder (optional)

    net start audiosrv

    net start AudioEndpointBuilder (optional)

    This is essentially what fixes the issue when you do the reboot because the audio service restarts during the reboot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-17T19:21:34+00:00

    I have the same problem with my Samsung laptop on Windows 8. I tried all the fixes, all the drivers are updated, it says everything is working properly but there's still no sound and the only thing that helps is restarting the computer. Firstly the sound disappeared only after the laptop came from sleep mode, now the sound dies also in the middle of me playing something (was watching a video on Youtube and then suddenly it wouldn't play, said there's been an error and then all sound died on my computer, some programs still play the file with no sound, Windows Media Player sends an error msg that the file cannot be played). I've searched everywhere for a fix but still no luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-17T00:09:44+00:00

    I have the exact same problem with Windows 8. My computer is an Asus laptop with Realtek High Definition Audio. I have tried all of the fixes you suggested. The only way I can get the sound to work is to restart the computer. This is beyond frustrating. It started a week ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-07-15T12:51:23+00:00

    hey this is what i found out doing what you said. what should i do now???

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-07-15T11:20:46+00:00

    hey i did uninstalled and installed my sound . it's good for a while but after that again the same problem is existing. Can you help me?

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments