I plugged in a wireless mouse that I wasn't using elsewhere and then turned lap top back on, it automatically disables the touch screen and I can use the wireless mouse or the laptop mouse and all works great.
I have a cracked touch screen Windows 8 on an ACER Aspire V5. Will a non touch screen replacement work?
At the end of last year I went to buy a new laptop with Windows 7 on it, but there were none to be had unless you wanted to pay through the nose. I had to settle for an Acer Aspire with Windows 8 and touch screen. Now the screen is cracked in the lower left corner, but the video still works; except for the touch part. It is machine gunning hits all over the screen, opening, closing, enlarging, modifying, well just mayhem, and I'm not touching the thing. I took it back were I bought it to have it repaired and they said I would be better off cost wise with a new computer, as the touch screen part is very expensive. The computer is 6 months old and unusable. I still owe on it. Microsoft played a dirty trick on us by forcing Windows 8 when we didn't want it, and Acer did the same forcing ultra-thin touch screens priced out of sight. It really is tough as I use it in my work.
I want to know if I had a non touch screen put on it, and they are available at reasonable cost, would Windows 8 be useable or would it not work at all? I could get along without touch screen if it at least was usable. I did try turning the touch off, but there was no option in Control Panel for it.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
44 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2017-11-25T21:48:39+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-09-27T12:47:20+00:00 All is needed to to turn a touch screen in to a non-touch screen is go in to hardware settings go to device manager. you should get a list of items installed on the computer. you need to click on human interface devices. find the one listed as touch screen and disable it. doing this should solve your problems
-
Anonymous
2017-08-16T23:39:10+00:00 I put my finger on the screen where it was "clicking" and pressed the windows key and x simultaneously, went to task Manager and disabled the hid uchscreen driver, and all is well
-
Anonymous
2016-12-17T18:04:10+00:00 I have the same issue. This bus ridiculous!! I just want to be able to disable the touch screen. Why does Acer have to make things so difficult? How does one disable the touch driver? I can't find it in device manager.
Any help would be great