This might be a hardware related issue so you should contact your local Nokia Care center for a hands-on look.
[Nokia Lumia 620] Sad smiley on start screen :-( , cant even hard reset
Hi after I bought my phone, I did not turn on Speech feature for first few months, then I wanted to give it a shot and downloaded the necessary upgrades and installed. It gives me a message that the phone need to be restarted and the phone automatically restarted but after that the phone wont start. At the start screeb after the 'NOKIA' logo and two wheels there's a sad smiley :-( and the phone remains in that state. I cant even turn it off using power button. I have to manually remove the battery every time I want to shut it down (frustrated!!) After trying soft reset for a few days, I decided to hard reset the phone. But I cant even perform hard reset. From some post I came to know - I need to press my volume down, power & camera button simultaneously, and when the phone restarts press the volume down & camera button only. Tried several times. But in vain. I additionally tried resetting the phone with microsoft suggested way of turning off the phone (in my case removing battery and putting it back) then turn on, hold the volume down but exclamation mark does not come for my case, it keeps on restarting with NOKIA logo only, still I tried Volume Up, Volume Down, Power, Volume Down (as suggested by microsoft) but no use.
Can anyone help me with this problem, at least any hard reset method?
Here is a picture of the start screen
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=34767C3C0FBB2476!203&authkey=!AOk9YlUKt9S1D8s
Thanks in advance for any kind of help
Moderator's note: Post was moved to the appropriate board.
Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
40 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2015-07-27T23:52:20+00:00 A
This might be a hardware related issue so you should contact your local Nokia Care center for a hands-on look.
-
Anonymous
2015-07-30T12:59:29+00:00 Hi, akhileshkumar977. Check this link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-ph/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA141447 for the correct steps on how to perform a hard reset using the key combinations. If the issue persists, recover your phone's software using the Windows Phone Recovery Tool: http://www.microsoft.com/en-ph/mobile/support/faq/?action=singleTopic&topic=FA142987. The content of the links we have provided are applicable regardless of your location. Let us know the outcome.
-
Anonymous
2015-08-02T04:04:39+00:00 I have failed to solve my problem. and am contacting you. please help me out.
-
Anonymous
2015-08-02T10:22:40+00:00 pl help me,sad face appeared when i was hard resetting the phone. Now unable to do anything.