This might be a hardware related issue so you should contact your local Nokia Care center for a hands-on look.
[Nokia Lumia 620] Sad smiley on start screen :-( , cant even hard reset
Hi after I bought my phone, I did not turn on Speech feature for first few months, then I wanted to give it a shot and downloaded the necessary upgrades and installed. It gives me a message that the phone need to be restarted and the phone automatically restarted but after that the phone wont start. At the start screeb after the 'NOKIA' logo and two wheels there's a sad smiley :-( and the phone remains in that state. I cant even turn it off using power button. I have to manually remove the battery every time I want to shut it down (frustrated!!) After trying soft reset for a few days, I decided to hard reset the phone. But I cant even perform hard reset. From some post I came to know - I need to press my volume down, power & camera button simultaneously, and when the phone restarts press the volume down & camera button only. Tried several times. But in vain. I additionally tried resetting the phone with microsoft suggested way of turning off the phone (in my case removing battery and putting it back) then turn on, hold the volume down but exclamation mark does not come for my case, it keeps on restarting with NOKIA logo only, still I tried Volume Up, Volume Down, Power, Volume Down (as suggested by microsoft) but no use.
Can anyone help me with this problem, at least any hard reset method?
Here is a picture of the start screen
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=34767C3C0FBB2476!203&authkey=!AOk9YlUKt9S1D8s
Thanks in advance for any kind of help
Moderator's note: Post was moved to the appropriate board.
Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
40 additional answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2017-06-03T16:36:07+00:00 I'm also facing the same problem in my Lumia 720. pls help me to solve this issue..
-
Anonymous
2019-07-22T21:25:40+00:00 i hope all you guys already solved the problem.i experienced same problem last night read this and finally got a clear and complete solution
if anyone cant solve the problem please feel free to contact me *** Email address is removed for privacy ***
i have Q-SMART STORM W510 windows phone the problem is that its now showing a blue screen with a sad face when i power it on can you help me on how to solve this i tried to use the windows phone recovery tool but the name of the phone is not listed on the list and i also tried to search for the firmware or flash file on internet but it is not found please help me
-
Anonymous
2019-07-23T20:10:11+00:00 ...were you able to fix it?
please help me i cant fix it i need the stock rom or flash file