[Nokia Lumia 620] Sad smiley on start screen :-( , cant even hard reset

Anonymous
2013-06-19T06:46:04+00:00

Hi after I bought my phone, I did not turn on Speech feature for first few months, then I wanted to give it a shot and downloaded the necessary upgrades and installed. It gives me a message that the phone need to be restarted and the phone automatically restarted but after that the phone wont start. At the start screeb after the 'NOKIA' logo and two wheels there's a sad smiley :-( and the phone remains in that state. I cant even turn it off using power button. I have to manually remove the battery every time I want to shut it down (frustrated!!) After trying soft reset for a few days, I decided to hard reset the phone. But I cant even perform hard reset. From some post I came to know - I need to press my volume down, power & camera button simultaneously, and when the phone restarts press the volume down & camera button only. Tried several times. But in vain.  I additionally tried resetting the phone with microsoft suggested way of turning off the phone (in my case removing battery and putting it back) then turn on, hold the volume down but exclamation mark does not come for my case, it keeps on restarting with NOKIA logo only, still I tried Volume Up, Volume Down, Power, Volume Down (as suggested by microsoft) but no use.

Can anyone help me with this problem, at least any hard reset method?

Here is a picture of the start screen

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=34767C3C0FBB2476!203&authkey=!AOk9YlUKt9S1D8s

Thanks in advance for any kind of help

Moderator's note: Post was moved to the appropriate board.

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-06-19T07:15:48+00:00

This might be a hardware related issue so you should contact your local Nokia Care center for a hands-on look.

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-08-09T18:43:40+00:00

    Pls can i get your email address? I really need to sort this thing out

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-08-06T18:20:13+00:00

    it finally worked after a long struggle... it downloaded properly but it had refused to install.... if you are getting a problem with installation, try to change US cables. I actually used three of them, one refused to work at all, the other helped recognize the phone, after this I was able to download successfully, and this is where the fire started from, at one point I even gave up when it reached the installation bit, but I just kept trying and praying to God. Finally He answered and told me to try different USB cables which worked for me at the end, the installation struggle took me 3 hrs., something which was supposed to be 15 mins.  thanks to those that gave us a way out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-08-06T14:14:18+00:00

    I am downloading the software now. I will tell u  wen it works.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-08-04T13:08:30+00:00

    Hello, bviruk & jingofrancis. Try performing the suggested solutions we have provided w/ akhileshkumar977. Let us know how it goes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments