how to make windows 8 look and act like windows 7

Anonymous
2012-12-05T01:37:11+00:00

Recently bought a new laptop, from HP and I am so confussed with the new windows 8, I can't even use the darn thing, reminds me of the time I was stuck with an Apple Machine.  Is there a way to change the screen and start up to look and behave like Windows 7?

Other wise, I'm giving this piece of junk a good toss out the window. And I don't mean Windows 8.

Thank you for any help you all can be, I just wanted a new computer not an operating system like this..

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-03T19:26:51+00:00

    Thanks but if I've got to go through all of this or learn to use metro,  I might as well go to a Mac.  Perhaps it's time.  Microsoft doesn't want to present itself as windows anymore so why stick with it.  Time for a change.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-03T20:19:46+00:00

    Hi,

    Just installing something like Classic Shell, or a number of other free programs will work wonders in making Win 8\8.1 like Win 7... plus you still have all the new features if you decide you want to use them...

    My favorite is Start 8, but is costs $4.99 with a 30 day free trial... I've not tried any of the newer versions of the free ones.

    Way cheaper than a MAC, but that's up to you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-04T13:39:35+00:00

    Thanks.  I'll look into that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-10T19:39:58+00:00

    I agree with you.  I have very happily smashed to bits every apple product I've ever had looks like I will do same with this windows product.

    time to break out the typewriter

    at least with paper the text doesn't float change size jump to other areas of the page etc..

    LOL I share your frustrations LOL

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-04-11T22:52:12+00:00

    ok who would ask the question right out of the box the problems are we have already gave it a try and windows 8 sucks so what do we do now

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments