how to make windows 8 look and act like windows 7

Anonymous
2012-12-05T01:37:11+00:00

Recently bought a new laptop, from HP and I am so confussed with the new windows 8, I can't even use the darn thing, reminds me of the time I was stuck with an Apple Machine.  Is there a way to change the screen and start up to look and behave like Windows 7?

Other wise, I'm giving this piece of junk a good toss out the window. And I don't mean Windows 8.

Thank you for any help you all can be, I just wanted a new computer not an operating system like this..

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-04T18:41:52+00:00

    AK_666 is right. I like Metro UI but there should be a choice for Classic Start or Modern Start. However, I believe it did not happen because nobody would take time to learn new things. Modern UI wouldn't be so famous then.

    Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. btbt 11,841 Reputation points
    2013-01-04T17:31:15+00:00

    Click the Desktop tile on your Start screen. That's the "Windows 7 interface".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-01-04T17:08:48+00:00

    Microsoft,

    Please include an option to choose windows 7 interface within Windows 8.

    I know you're promoting Windows 8, but it's not a good interface.

    Thanks

    AK

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-12-05T19:22:01+00:00

    Martin,

    Just google it! ;)

    Here is one of sites which describes how to make Win8 to look as Win7.

    http://www.geek.com/articles/geek-pick/how-to-get-a-windows-7-start-menu-in-windows-8-20110914/

    I think you are like me when I start using Win8. I needed a pack of cigarettes not to get crazy but when I set my tiles and applications the work and fun is better than on earlier Win versions.

    Give a chance to WIn8 :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-12-05T18:27:01+00:00

    Hi,

    Well I do know however I can't just pour that information into your learning cup. So I suggested

    sites where you can get high quality prepared information which will help with the learning

    curve. You asked what to you seems to be a simple question however since you can't just make

    Windows 8 look like Windows 7 there is no immediate simple answer.

    HP made the computer you bought. As OEM they are responsible for both the proper operation

    of the hardware and Windows. Therefore they have a lot of reasons to want to help you make

    a successful transition to using Windows 8 both effectively and efficiently. So they also will have

    detailed "How-To" and other help available. Their forums can be an excellent resource as there

    will be others using the same exact model you have.

    The other information I provided above shows how to access Help on the computer and more

    information from the web.

    We will definitely try to help with any issues you have however not all easy questions have easy

    answers.

    Rob - SpiritX

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments