how to make windows 8 look and act like windows 7

Anonymous
2012-12-05T01:37:11+00:00

Recently bought a new laptop, from HP and I am so confussed with the new windows 8, I can't even use the darn thing, reminds me of the time I was stuck with an Apple Machine.  Is there a way to change the screen and start up to look and behave like Windows 7?

Other wise, I'm giving this piece of junk a good toss out the window. And I don't mean Windows 8.

Thank you for any help you all can be, I just wanted a new computer not an operating system like this..

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-11-25T16:33:43+00:00

    Sure - if you have the time to learn all the new shortcuts... I want to be productive right away, not spend days frustrated while I relearn how to drive. This is a terrible interface and it is very sad that one has to go to a third party to find a work around. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-09-19T15:50:10+00:00

    I just got roped in on the windows 8 disaster as well.  If I would have wanted a mac I would have bought a mac not a Microsoft that is imitating mac.  There should be an option to buy and install windows 7 or some other earlier version that is actually functional for business purposes.  Thanks for creating such a dysfunctional product.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-30T11:10:02+00:00

    I TOTALLY AGREE with you. I too, am SO DISAPPOINTED in Windows 8. I HATE IT.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-07T21:36:36+00:00

    On behalf of my wife, who wanted to toss her new Toshiba because she - like I - are older PC users, and hate the Metro UI (we don't do touchscreen phones, either), THANK YOU!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. btbt 11,841 Reputation points
    2013-05-07T02:46:05+00:00

    Windows 8.1 is rumoured to include a boot to Desktop option and a Start button (not menu). MVPs here are not Microsoft employees and we cannot give official reasons of what happened why because we do not know them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments