how to make windows 8 look and act like windows 7

Anonymous
2012-12-05T01:37:11+00:00

Recently bought a new laptop, from HP and I am so confussed with the new windows 8, I can't even use the darn thing, reminds me of the time I was stuck with an Apple Machine.  Is there a way to change the screen and start up to look and behave like Windows 7?

Other wise, I'm giving this piece of junk a good toss out the window. And I don't mean Windows 8.

Thank you for any help you all can be, I just wanted a new computer not an operating system like this..

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-12-05T13:29:54+00:00

    Okay, I probably deserved that kind of a statement, So let me understand that although this is suppose to be a forum to answer windows questions and issues, and you are suppose to have a group of individuals that are suppose to keep up on things, you'd rather pass the buck onto someone else? Okay, I can deal with that, why not just simply say, I DON'T KNOW!

    If a more educated community can't answer my question, and Microsoft dosen't want to, then pass it on to HP? Give me a break, what makes you think HP wants anything to do with it.

    I'm done, computer is in the trash, I'm not even going to return the darn thing..

    Thanks anyway for the comments...

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-12-05T02:05:09+00:00

    Hi,

    The Microsoft Community is a peer review technical support site for Windows and

    some other Microsoft products and is not the proper venue for providing feedback

    to Microsoft. This Feedback Forum is for events that take place in these forums.

    If you want to give feedback to Microsoft.

    Windows Feedback Program

    http://wfp.microsoft.com/

    Microsoft Connect

    https://connect.microsoft.com/

    Providing Feedback to Microsoft

    http://www.microsoft.com/mscorp/execmail/feedback.mspx

    ==================================================

    Check with HP Support, their on-line documentation and drivers, and ask in their

    forums where there will be others with the same or similar models. HP should

    have a lot of useful information to help the learning curve.

    HP Support & Drivers

    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/support.html

    Contact HP

    http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/contact\_us.html

    HP Forums

    http://h30434.www3.hp.com/psg/

    ========================

    Other information which might help :

    Touch :  swipe, tap, and beyond

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/touch-swipe-tap-beyond

    Touch and pen settings: Frequently asked questions

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/touch-pen-settings-frequently-asked-questions

    While on the Start Screen type - Help

    Or Win Key + Q = Search Apps - Help

    Or Charms Menu - Search - Apps - Help

    After any of the above -> On left click -> Help and Support.

    ==================================

    Windows 8 Solution Center - on left side - Learn more

    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/windows-8

    Meet Windows - A beautiful Start

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/meet

    Hope this helps.


    Rob Brown - Microsoft MVP <- profile - Windows Expert - Consumer : Bicycle <- Mark Twain said it right!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments