Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)

Anonymous
2013-05-16T04:28:04+00:00

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

Driver Version 6.2.9200.16384

Location Port_#0002.Hub_#0004

Universal Serial Bus controllers

(Standard USB Host Controller)

Anyone know a way to fix this?

Btw I tried troubleshooting it and it didn't help.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-16T20:29:47+00:00

Hi Billy,

Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) Let is try the following steps.

Method 1:

Open the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Search (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the upper-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer down, and then clicking Search), entering hardware and devices in the search box, tapping or clicking Settings, and then tapping or clicking Find and fix problems with devices.‌  You might be asked for an admin password or to confirm your choice.

Method 2: Remove and reinstall all USB controllers. Follow these steps:

a)    Press Windows + R, type devmgmt.msc in the run box box and press OK.

b)    Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

c)    Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click Uninstall to remove them one at a time.

d)    Restart the computer, and then reinstall the USB controllers.

e)    Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Post us the results once you try the above steps.

Was this answer helpful?

400+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-02-21T00:19:39+00:00

    I get this on both of my laptops when trying to connect my iPhone.. I haven't tried anything else.. none of the fixes have worked and beyond frustrating... Why wont you fix this Microsoft?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-01-20T15:57:17+00:00

    THANK YOU!!! Saved my life, thought my backup drive was broken!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-09T19:46:11+00:00

    I reinstalled windows 8.1 and everything worked perfect after that at USB 3 speeds.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-07-09T16:32:31+00:00

    Ditto. I see code 43 is a longstanding MS Windows issue going at least back to vista. Really, MS? NO new solution or workaround since then?? Please advise asap, I cant afford further downtime (takes too long to transfer large files via BT or Wireless network) and I would really want to avoid reinstall. Irony is I do have system backup, but since my XPS12 came with 120GB SSD, I had to save image on cloud device and the restore doesn't work unless I had bootable USB device, and ... I cant go there with 2 dead USB ports.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments