This app can't run on your PC

Anonymous
2013-07-31T01:09:56+00:00

Dear Support Team :

I just bought a MS Surface RT , I was downloaded some programs like cCleaner ,teamviewer ( I download via internet explorer ),after I that I was trying to install those program but it display error message " This app can't run on your PC " , Why Microsoft build a Windows tablet that not allow to install program ? Some program I could not find in the Store , so What should I do ? Please Help ....

Best Regards

Lak You

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-10-27T21:53:16+00:00

    ok I don't have a pro I just have the surface 2 I don't have the pro can I still download anything or what

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-10-27T21:53:55+00:00

    I found my box

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2014-10-27T22:04:42+00:00

    Surface Pro is a full computer, it can run anything on the planet Earth.

    Surface non-pro is like an iPad and can only run stuff from the app store.


    Sounds like you aren't using Pro afterall, so you have to get stuff from the app store.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-10-27T22:18:41+00:00

    wow that's gay and uhh is there anyway I can make it into a pro like by jailbreaking it or just like buying something for it

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2014-10-27T22:24:03+00:00

    No, it's not a software thing you can jailbreak and change.  It has a different kind of processor inside.  It has the same kind of processor an iPad or cell phone uses (called an RISC chip, which means Reduced Instruction Set Computer).  It uses this reduced set of processing so it can have long battery life like a phone or iPad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments