Hi Lak,
You cannot install third-party application on Windows RT.
If you wish to install more apps please visit Windows Storeand check.
Please post if you have any concerns regarding Windows.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Dear Support Team :
I just bought a MS Surface RT , I was downloaded some programs like cCleaner ,teamviewer ( I download via internet explorer ),after I that I was trying to install those program but it display error message " This app can't run on your PC " , Why Microsoft build a Windows tablet that not allow to install program ? Some program I could not find in the Store , so What should I do ? Please Help ....
Best Regards
Lak You
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Lak,
You cannot install third-party application on Windows RT.
If you wish to install more apps please visit Windows Storeand check.
Please post if you have any concerns regarding Windows.
You don't need CCleaner on an RT tablet because it is like an iPad: it doesn't get all junked up like a full PC does.
Team Viewer is available in the Windows Store (I use it and love it!)
Basically just get any programs you need form the Windows Store, and remember that the RT tablet is an iPad competitor, not a full PC. It meets my needs and might meet yours too, but it isn't a full computer.
Dear Podder
Thank for your reply . Does the Surface Pro table working like a full pc ? Does it can install third-party application ?
Best Regards
Dear Keene
Thank for your Support . But a lot of program that I need don't have in Windows store . Does the Surface Pro can do everything like full Computer ?
Best Regards
Lak You
Yes, the Surface Pro has a processor inside that can run all Windows apps; it is like a full computer. That's also why it's thicker, heavier, has a noisy fan to cool it off, and has half the battery life time. All of those are trade-offs you have to make to use older programs. So the Surface Pro could replace your laptop or computer.
On the other hand, the Surface RT isn't a computer replacement. It is great for getting work done, and lots of apps are available in the Store (and more all the time). If you want a tablet with Office, great battery life, and don't need old programs, the RT is a great choice. That's why I like it.
What programs are you needing?