This app can't run on your PC

Anonymous
2013-07-31T01:09:56+00:00

Dear Support Team :

I just bought a MS Surface RT , I was downloaded some programs like cCleaner ,teamviewer ( I download via internet explorer ),after I that I was trying to install those program but it display error message " This app can't run on your PC " , Why Microsoft build a Windows tablet that not allow to install program ? Some program I could not find in the Store , so What should I do ? Please Help ....

Best Regards

Lak You

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2014-12-09T14:56:13+00:00

    You don't have to do anything complicated.  To search, just click the search icon at the top (the magnifying glass icon).

    To accept a friend request, just click it.  It will be highlighted just like my missed calls here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-12-09T03:55:09+00:00

    I found the fix. Skype or windows Rt has a side bar on the right. When you are in Skype and swipe from the right, you get a search . Make sure Skype is selected and type the contact name. It first searches the surface Rt then gives you the option to search the directory. But I am still not sure how to except a friend request.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-09T01:38:32+00:00

    I downloaded Skype from the surface Rt store download.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2014-12-08T14:20:24+00:00

    You must have downloaded something else. Skype is 100% free to use and requires no "unlock" to start using the "people link to access and add friends, the search box to search for a specific use to add."

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-12-07T02:04:16+00:00

    Here is my experience with Skype from the Microsoft store. I downloaded it fine. None of the links work. To get to the Skype user account I had to do a login to my Microsoft account (imagine that). After setting up the account, I had several pay options but no free option to activate the links on the Skype that are needed for free access. Those included the people link to access and add friends and family, the search box to search for a specific use to add. I even had a user in America send a friend request which I am unable to click on because it is not activated. So the user of Skype on this surface Rt is essentially screwed unless they buy one off the pay prescriptions offered by Microsoft and Skype. One being access to WIFI hot spots even though I am already on a private wireless system. According to what you have said, I should already have access to Skype and be able to do all the things I always could.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments