This app can't run on your PC

Anonymous
2013-07-31T01:09:56+00:00

Dear Support Team :

I just bought a MS Surface RT , I was downloaded some programs like cCleaner ,teamviewer ( I download via internet explorer ),after I that I was trying to install those program but it display error message " This app can't run on your PC " , Why Microsoft build a Windows tablet that not allow to install program ? Some program I could not find in the Store , so What should I do ? Please Help ....

Best Regards

Lak You

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2015-04-20T14:14:03+00:00

    As LCRT said, that's not available for RT.  Silverlight is deprecated as well and not recommended to be used (same as Flash and Java).  These plugins are frequent attack vectors and, unless you absolutely have to use software that needs it, you shouldn't install it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-04-20T05:36:40+00:00

    Silverlight only runs on normal windows and OSX.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-04-20T00:01:23+00:00

    Hi,

    I am trying to download Silverlight which is a Microsoft program onto my surface and I can't. It is not offered in the windows store. What can I do??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2014-12-10T14:30:07+00:00

    That means you have an old version.  Open the Store app and download the 8.1 update, then update Skype to the new version and you'll have all the free abilities everyone else has.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-12-10T13:41:14+00:00

    That would be great but the only icon I have is the phone. The other 2 are not there. This may be because my Microsoft account is tide to Skype. Several of my apps are tide to the Microsoft side bar in one way or another. Skype may be programmed that way. I have reinstalled it and nothing changed. I had a friend send me a call and I could not call back. It is not the same program setup as a pc.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments