This app can't run on your PC

Anonymous
2013-07-31T01:09:56+00:00

Dear Support Team :

I just bought a MS Surface RT , I was downloaded some programs like cCleaner ,teamviewer ( I download via internet explorer ),after I that I was trying to install those program but it display error message " This app can't run on your PC " , Why Microsoft build a Windows tablet that not allow to install program ? Some program I could not find in the Store , so What should I do ? Please Help ....

Best Regards

Lak You

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Microsoft Store

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-08-06T16:53:04+00:00

    Hi

    If we upload txt file and create word document directly on Skydrive from laptop or pc , that is fine but we could not do those thing from A Mobile phone or Tablet directly on Skydrive . Google drive can do it . Because I have to do some text note for my work  . Thank you so much for your reply .

    Best Regards

    Lak You

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-07-31T14:27:11+00:00

    Hi Lak,

    You cannot install third-party application on Windows RT.

    If you wish to install more apps please visit Windows Storeand check.

    Please post if you have any concerns regarding Windows.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-12-05T01:46:11+00:00

    I just bought a surface Rt as a gift for my family in Vietnam. Skype in the windows store cost money to use even though Skype says it is free and you can talk to families and fiends for free. They even want to charge you for using your own network. What a shame microsoft would allow that in there store. I would think once you purchase the surface from Microsoft it is your right to use apps from any website that will run on your tablet. Tango has an app that will run on surface Rt. It is freeware created under the GNU license. But since it is gnu Microsoft can't make money off it. There is a need for many types of free apps. I am a programmer and a technical analyst. Believe me when I say this is all about blocking the competition. Which s illegal. My Vietnam family are considered well off. They make less than 150 dollars per month. They can't afford the extra fees Microsoft charges. They need app like tango and vpskeys to type Vietnamese on the English keyboard. How sad.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. @CmdrKeene 90,631 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2013-07-31T14:58:39+00:00

    You don't need CCleaner on an RT tablet because it is like an iPad:  it doesn't get all junked up like a full PC does.

    Team Viewer is available in the Windows Store (I use it and love it!)

    Basically just get any programs you need form the Windows Store, and remember that the RT tablet is an iPad competitor, not a full PC.  It meets my needs and might meet yours too, but it isn't a full computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-07-31T15:16:17+00:00

    Dear Podder

    Thank for your reply . Does the Surface Pro table working like a full pc ? Does it can install third-party application ?

    Best Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments