photoshop, Illustrator, CS6 interface too small on surface pro

Anonymous
2013-07-05T02:48:51+00:00

Hello, I just purchased the Surface Pro from Best Buy. I bought it to use adobe products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and such. The menu and icons are so small making it nearly impossible to navigate through the tools and menus. 

Are there any options? I love the tablet but will be returning it in the next week if I can't find a solution.

Thanks,

Kip

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Display and graphics

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-06-22T12:28:10+00:00

I experienced this same issue last year. I only found the solution for Photoshop:

Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Experimental Features -> Select "Scale UI 200%" AND "Enable touch gestures"

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-18T09:09:43+00:00

That a problem with Photoshop itself... Its not respecting the scaling factor of Windows. The MacOS had the same problem too after Retina displays came out.

I'm afraid you cant do anything about it. You have to wait until Adobe addresses this problem.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-12-02T21:43:05+00:00

    I have CS6 and do not see the experimental option under preferences. Please advise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-01-13T18:57:22+00:00

    It's the perfect hack. Thank you so very much for making these expensive tools usable again!!! Running Adobe CS 6 on a Surface Pro 3, and the hack works like a champ.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-02-09T23:11:54+00:00

    For Photoshop only:

    Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Experimental Features -> Select "Scale UI 200%" AND "Enable touch gestures"

    Many thanks for this. It does not exist in Photoshop Elements 13.1, but it is in Photoshop CC 2104 (and Lightroom). What a great tip!

    I just bought a Surface Pro 3 and it was impossible to use PSE because the menu fonts were so small, so I now am on a trial of Photoshop CC 2014. When I installed it on the Surface, the >Select Scale UI 200% was already selected, so it must know that it should do this on high resolution tablets.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments