photoshop, Illustrator, CS6 interface too small on surface pro

Anonymous
2013-07-05T02:48:51+00:00

Hello, I just purchased the Surface Pro from Best Buy. I bought it to use adobe products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and such. The menu and icons are so small making it nearly impossible to navigate through the tools and menus. 

Are there any options? I love the tablet but will be returning it in the next week if I can't find a solution.

Thanks,

Kip

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Display and graphics

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-06-22T12:28:10+00:00

I experienced this same issue last year. I only found the solution for Photoshop:

Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Experimental Features -> Select "Scale UI 200%" AND "Enable touch gestures"

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-18T09:09:43+00:00

That a problem with Photoshop itself... Its not respecting the scaling factor of Windows. The MacOS had the same problem too after Retina displays came out.

I'm afraid you cant do anything about it. You have to wait until Adobe addresses this problem.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-07-05T11:33:11+00:00

    Hi Kip,

    I would suggest you to refer to this article and check if this helps.

    Magnifier is a useful tool that enlarges part—or all—of your screen so you can see the words and images better. It comes with a few different settings, so you can use it the way that suits you best.

    Use Magnifier to see items on the screen: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/use-magnifier-to-see-items

    Let us know if you need further help with this Windows issue. We will be glad to help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-07-18T08:10:28+00:00

    Hello

    I got the Surface Pro mainly for doing photoshop but I jusr realized that yes the menus are microscopic and I don't want to use the Magnifier. Is there another way????? Perhaps to launch photoshop in a lower screen res mode without the whole tablet suffering?

    This is quite a dilemma, cuz I might just have bought a Surface that now is rendered useless.

    HELPPP!!!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-07-18T13:54:30+00:00

    Thanks! I'll wait out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments