photoshop, Illustrator, CS6 interface too small on surface pro

Anonymous
2013-07-05T02:48:51+00:00

Hello, I just purchased the Surface Pro from Best Buy. I bought it to use adobe products such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and such. The menu and icons are so small making it nearly impossible to navigate through the tools and menus. 

Are there any options? I love the tablet but will be returning it in the next week if I can't find a solution.

Thanks,

Kip

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Display and graphics

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2015-06-22T12:28:10+00:00

I experienced this same issue last year. I only found the solution for Photoshop:

Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Experimental Features -> Select "Scale UI 200%" AND "Enable touch gestures"

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-07-18T09:09:43+00:00

That a problem with Photoshop itself... Its not respecting the scaling factor of Windows. The MacOS had the same problem too after Retina displays came out.

I'm afraid you cant do anything about it. You have to wait until Adobe addresses this problem.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-09-22T17:49:42+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-07-25T14:47:27+00:00

    ... 

    I dont want to invoke the magnifier.. its "another step to do other thing".

    And probably, you don't know how I work, so, if I change a lot of tools while working... i dont want to use the magnifier all the time...

    This is a surface problem... It has the best screen but its very dificult to adapt to other programs scale views...

    Can you help me again?

    thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-07-25T00:03:40+00:00

    You have *got* to be kidding!  You consider this to be an adequate answer?

    So you think that right in the middle of your work you need to select a tool and you should invoke the magnifier just to see it in the tool bar and then dismiss the magnifier and resume work - and do this dozens and dozens of times as you're working?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments