XBox Music Pass compatible MP3 players

Anonymous
2013-07-22T12:45:15+00:00

I need a specific question answered.  I will ask it two ways:

1)  What are some examples of a XBox Music Pass compatible MP3 player (besides a computer, Xbox, tablet, or Windows phone)?  Remember, the Zune no longer exists.  I want to jog/exercise without wearing my phone in an armband on my bicep.

or

2)  If I subscribe to the Music Pass, can I use Windows Media Player to synchronize "subscribed/DRM'ed songs" to a MP3 player?  I understand the difference between "purchased" and "subscribed" and DRM and non-DRM.  I figure there's a time-limited license that could be uploaded to the MP3, or something.

Look, I don't want to jog with this big WP8 phone attached to my arm.  Nor do I want to put it in a fanny pack.  That's just gross.

RLD

Windows for home | Other | Music, photos, and video

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-03T05:37:08+00:00

    Actually, my original question is still relevant in 2014:  Do I still have to wear a large device on my bicep, or can I sync Xbox Music Pass with a smaller device, like an MP3 player that easily fits on my belt?

    I don't care who makes it, I just don't want to wear a $200.00 phone on my arm while I'm jogging.

    I bought a couple of Zunes when they stopped making them, but my last one is wearing out and I have the same concern you do ... using a phone to listen to music at the gym. I'm thinking it's time to give up and switch to something like Rhapsody, or any kind of "rental" service that allows for using cheap, small MP3 players. Too bad, I thought highly of the Zune approach - rent music, use it on a throwaway, sweat and bump into things, buy a new throwaway, repeat.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-07-22T14:38:52+00:00

    M. Böttner, this is a really old thread.  Yes, Xbox Music is now available on iOS and Android devices.

    Yes it is, but it's still not a good solution available.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T19:20:01+00:00

    M. Böttner, this is a really old thread.  Yes, Xbox Music is now available on iOS and Android devices.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-07-21T19:03:01+00:00

    I need a specific question answered.  I will ask it two ways:

    1)  What are some examples of a XBox Music Pass compatible MP3 player (besides a computer, Xbox, tablet, or Windows phone)?  Remember, the Zune no longer exists.  I want to jog/exercise without wearing my phone in an armband on my bicep.

    or

    2)  If I subscribe to the Music Pass, can I use Windows Media Player to synchronize "subscribed/DRM'ed songs" to a MP3 player?  I understand the difference between "purchased" and "subscribed" and DRM and non-DRM.  I figure there's a time-limited license that could be uploaded to the MP3, or something.

    Look, I don't want to jog with this big WP8 phone attached to my arm.  Nor do I want to put it in a fanny pack.  That's just gross.

    RLD

    new news in the year 2014?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-11-15T03:11:06+00:00

    I have a Lumia 920.

    If I use this as a mp3 player the 4G/wifi has to be on to stream the music on the stupid pass so the battery life is still poor.

    I don't want to buy another phone to pretend it's an MP3 player. Xbox music is available on competing operating systems which are compatible with mp3 players.

    The music purchased on the Zune accounts stopped working on WP8. It worked a couple of weeks ago.

    The phone does get hot when playing/switching songs because of the display. Yes all phones do this, hence the objection to getting rid of the Zune hardware support.

    I never complained about phone size. I like larger phones. I don't like being forced to use it as my only option for an MP3 player with a paid service.

    Switching to Android will at least mean I get the good apps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments