KB2670838 installation and igdpmd64.sys blue screen

Anonymous
2013-03-01T07:51:21+00:00

Helllo,

yesterday (2013-02-28) I installed the update KB2670838 as sugested by the notice.

Afterwards I have a blue screen when using IE9.

The problem came up just after the selection of some text in IE 9 ...

and every time i tried to do so...

I tried many times with diferent programs by selecting any text and the problem wasn't there...

I tried other browsers and selecting wasn't a problem...

The file pointed out in the blue screen as responsible for the crash was igdpmd64.sys

said to be related with the Intel graphics card.

After looking here and there in forums and advices i decided to look for recent updates

and i noticed the one of Yesterday on graphical matters.

I removed it and hellas... now it is working well.

For information and for advice because the update is said to be advisable to be installed.

=======  My system =======

Computer: HP pavilion g6 Notebook

System: Windows 7 SP1 Home Premium Korean

System type: 64bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz

Memory: 4.00GB

Graphics: Mobile Intel(R) HD Graphics

Graphic adaptor version: 8.810.4.5000

DirectX version: DirectX 10

Browser: IE 9

Is there someone with similar problem that mannaged to install this update?

Or is that a bug on the update package that will be corrected?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-03-01T13:06:38+00:00

Try removing KB2670838. It is currently causing many problems. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Remove-an-update

To hide the update to prevent it reinstalling select Start, All Programs, Windows Update, Check for Updates. When the list of available updates appears right click on KB2670838 and select Hide.

Was this answer helpful?

50+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

41 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-01T12:20:07+00:00

    I have a similar problem with a HP Pavilion dv7 laptop

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments