Want to disable Airplane mode

Anonymous
2012-12-28T20:02:33+00:00

Original Title: airplane mode

how do you disable and remove airplane mode. my laptop never leaves the house, so I don't need this feature. my Toshiba laptop keeps going into airplane mode by itself and I can't get it off. I've tried looking in control panel, settings and anywhere else I can think, but there isn't a place that addresses airplane mode.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-08T15:11:44+00:00

I found the solution to this problem at:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121227004715AAu7ZM7

The solution provided by 'shakira':

go to start menu

search up "brightness"

click on adjust screen brightness

On the side you will see "Panel Open-Power On" click on that

go to keyboard tab

check the option that says "Standard F1~F12 mode"

then it'll say that you have to restart computer click yes to restart now or restart later

When ur computer is done restarting u wont have that problem

This works.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-06-05T17:13:52+00:00

    I found the solution to this problem at:

    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121227004715AAu7ZM7

    The solution provided by 'shakira':

    go to start menu

    search up "brightness"

    click on adjust screen brightness

    On the side you will see "Panel Open-Power On" click on that

    go to keyboard tab

    check the option that says "Standard F1~F12 mode"

    then it'll say that you have to restart computer click yes to restart now or restart later

    When ur computer is done restarting u wont have that problem

    This works.

    Actually NO, it doesn't work, at least not here.  There is some sort of confusion mode Airplane Mode has, that screws things up and refuses to let it turn off.  I went the whole route, trying every bit of information and advice for it, and nothing worked.  I finally had to do a Win 10 full return to out of box configuration and right now it's working.  Howe ver, I've had it working before and after a reboot it just comes back.  It's doing an update at the moment, so when I finish with that, if the problem stays gone, I'll come back and confirm it; probably not until this evening. 

       BTW, using a Reinstall USB stick doesn't fix the problem either; At least here in a DELL XPS 8700.  For the time being, all is fine. 

    Later, gator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-06-05T17:18:55+00:00

    It's a software/hardware marriage problem, pretty sure.  And, Win 7 has the same issues; it's in 7, 8, & 10 at least.  So changing OS's won't help, unfortunately.

    A complete rebuild of Win 10 to bare bones does seem to have helped though.  At least it's gone right now.

        It IS in the computer connected to your router though, not in anything connected via wireless or ethernet.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-06-28T04:45:19+00:00

    My laptop is a  black one;.  I don't want to "disable" the airplane   I just want it the **** off my screen.  I do use it when travelling.  But I am home now.  How do I turn the damn thing off?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-06T14:41:38+00:00

    Original Title: airplane mode

    how do you disable and remove airplane mode. my laptop never leaves the house, so I don't need this feature. my Toshiba laptop keeps going into airplane mode by itself and I can't get it off. I've tried looking in control panel, settings and anywhere else I can think, but there isn't a place that addresses airplane mode.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments