Want to disable Airplane mode

Anonymous
2012-12-28T20:02:33+00:00

Original Title: airplane mode

how do you disable and remove airplane mode. my laptop never leaves the house, so I don't need this feature. my Toshiba laptop keeps going into airplane mode by itself and I can't get it off. I've tried looking in control panel, settings and anywhere else I can think, but there isn't a place that addresses airplane mode.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-08T15:11:44+00:00

I found the solution to this problem at:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121227004715AAu7ZM7

The solution provided by 'shakira':

go to start menu

search up "brightness"

click on adjust screen brightness

On the side you will see "Panel Open-Power On" click on that

go to keyboard tab

check the option that says "Standard F1~F12 mode"

then it'll say that you have to restart computer click yes to restart now or restart later

When ur computer is done restarting u wont have that problem

This works.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-08-14T02:14:06+00:00

    You are awesome, thank you for posting this.  Stupid airplane mode gets stuck and wont let my wifi work even after I turn airplane mode off and this fixed it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-09-12T17:01:15+00:00

    I've had this issue too.  My computer randomly kicks into airplane mode and I can't get it to turn off and reconnect to wifi with the toggle switch because it won't let me click on either option.  I actually have to go into the control panel every time and click to diagnose connection problems to fix it.  But it keeps happening.   What is causing it to go into airplane mode, and how to do I get a permanent fix, because it's seriously becoming a pain.

    Also, I'd like some instructions that DON'T involve swiping anything.  I have a laptop, not a tablet.  I want my laptop to act like a laptop.  That is the most annoying feature and I disabled it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-09-19T23:28:25+00:00

    Hi Candi,

    Let’s try to reinstall the network adapter drivers and check if that helps.

    Refer to steps below to reinstall the network drivers in device manager.

    a. Press the Windows key + X key and then click on Device Manager.

    b. Browse to Network adapters, right click on the wireless device/Wired device that you are using and click on Uninstall, follow the onscreen instructions.

    c. Restart the computer, let Windows detect the driver and install by itself. Now check if the Internet Works fine.

    You may also visit the manufacturer website and download the latest network adapter drivers. I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions from the following article:

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows-8/all-drivers

    Also refer to this link:

    Wireless devices are disabled after you turn off Airplane Mode in Windows 8.1 or Windows 8 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2826798/en-us

    Hope the information provided is helpful. Do reply, if you need further help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-17T13:58:29+00:00

    Hi, I do not have the option to go on WIFI.  Nowhere does it give me the option.  My orange light on F12 is orange and if I press it it just says flight mode off and flight mode on. Driving me mad.  I have been using WIFI on this computer for ages and my internet went down.  reconfigured it with Telkom but now cannot get wifi only the ethernel cable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments