Want to disable Airplane mode

Anonymous
2012-12-28T20:02:33+00:00

Original Title: airplane mode

how do you disable and remove airplane mode. my laptop never leaves the house, so I don't need this feature. my Toshiba laptop keeps going into airplane mode by itself and I can't get it off. I've tried looking in control panel, settings and anywhere else I can think, but there isn't a place that addresses airplane mode.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-08T15:11:44+00:00

I found the solution to this problem at:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121227004715AAu7ZM7

The solution provided by 'shakira':

go to start menu

search up "brightness"

click on adjust screen brightness

On the side you will see "Panel Open-Power On" click on that

go to keyboard tab

check the option that says "Standard F1~F12 mode"

then it'll say that you have to restart computer click yes to restart now or restart later

When ur computer is done restarting u wont have that problem

This works.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-09-02T10:21:03+00:00

    I think the problem is with the wifi driver. I had the same issue too but found a workaround. Enter your BIOS settings by pressing F10 after switching the laptop on. Then press F9 to reset everything to default settings. Now save and exit. This worked for me. But the problem now is that it remains 'ON' permanently but it should help you go along until they fix this driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-08T11:17:28+00:00

    Thank you! this worked for me too.

    * DELL Inspiron 14 Windows 8.1 32-bit

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-24T17:34:45+00:00

    Microsoft instructs me to be sure my airplane mode is off , but I don't know how

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-06-30T20:45:20+00:00

    Hi GeraldNulty,

    Refer to this link and check if you can change the airplane mode settings.

    What's airplane mode?

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/what-is-airplane-mode

    Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments