Want to disable Airplane mode

Anonymous
2012-12-28T20:02:33+00:00

Original Title: airplane mode

how do you disable and remove airplane mode. my laptop never leaves the house, so I don't need this feature. my Toshiba laptop keeps going into airplane mode by itself and I can't get it off. I've tried looking in control panel, settings and anywhere else I can think, but there isn't a place that addresses airplane mode.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-08T15:11:44+00:00

I found the solution to this problem at:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121227004715AAu7ZM7

The solution provided by 'shakira':

go to start menu

search up "brightness"

click on adjust screen brightness

On the side you will see "Panel Open-Power On" click on that

go to keyboard tab

check the option that says "Standard F1~F12 mode"

then it'll say that you have to restart computer click yes to restart now or restart later

When ur computer is done restarting u wont have that problem

This works.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2015-07-31T17:18:22+00:00

    Hello

    I have the same problem on my Lenovo Ideacentre in Windows 10. It's nothing like Window 8 etc. so I can't fix it in this way. It is extremely annoying to install Windows 10 and find it has blocked my Internet Use with Airplane mode completely stuck at all points of access. I am also protected with an Internet security program in case it was misguidedly trying to protect me. I have looked at every form of settings adjustment window I could find.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-06T10:31:36+00:00

    Does the device manager list the network adapter? If it does NOT then your BIOS may have it disabled. Check my other post in this thread regarding getting into the BIOS configuration - you'll be looking for a spot in there that enables the network adapter.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-07-06T10:25:26+00:00

    What you are missing in your replies is that disabling the F12 key from turning on Airplane Mode is NOT A WINDOWS problem. It is a BIOS setting made by many laptop manufacturers since the concept of Airplane Mode showed up. Therefore few if any of the Microsoft Technical Support people will answer the question in a manner that works for the customer. True technical support has to exist beyond the borders of your operating system product.

    I'm working on an HP Pavillion Sleekbook, but the manner of changing the BIOS settings is fairly universal. 

    The BIOS configuration can be entered using F10 when the HP logo shows on the screen during a cold-boot (powered off system). Be ready to press F10 a couple of seconds after the power button is used. The answer was given by PiyushDatir on September 2, 2013. I'm offering a deeper description of the steps to take.

    InsydeH20 Setup Utility

    Press the arrow right key twice to reach "System Configuration".

    This will change the screen showing "Action Keys Mode" as the 4th item down, press the arrow down key 3 times, until the selection is highlighted.

    On the far right of the screen it will describe <enabled> and <disabled> modes. To turn OFF keyboard enable Airplane Mode you have to change the value to <disabled>. Do this by pressing F5 to change the value.Once that is changed press F10 to Save and Exit BIOS setup utility.

    The computer will then continue into startup and you'll find the F12 key no longer enables Airplane Mode. You can still do that with a swipe from the right side and selecting the option.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-01-17T13:58:29+00:00

    Hi, I do not have the option to go on WIFI.  Nowhere does it give me the option.  My orange light on F12 is orange and if I press it it just says flight mode off and flight mode on. Driving me mad.  I have been using WIFI on this computer for ages and my internet went down.  reconfigured it with Telkom but now cannot get wifi only the ethernel cable.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments