Want to disable Airplane mode

Anonymous
2012-12-28T20:02:33+00:00

Original Title: airplane mode

how do you disable and remove airplane mode. my laptop never leaves the house, so I don't need this feature. my Toshiba laptop keeps going into airplane mode by itself and I can't get it off. I've tried looking in control panel, settings and anywhere else I can think, but there isn't a place that addresses airplane mode.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-08T15:11:44+00:00

I found the solution to this problem at:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121227004715AAu7ZM7

The solution provided by 'shakira':

go to start menu

search up "brightness"

click on adjust screen brightness

On the side you will see "Panel Open-Power On" click on that

go to keyboard tab

check the option that says "Standard F1~F12 mode"

then it'll say that you have to restart computer click yes to restart now or restart later

When ur computer is done restarting u wont have that problem

This works.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-11-24T00:34:36+00:00

    Thank you very much! Even after 2 years your solution has solved my problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-11-15T01:31:51+00:00

    go to start menu

    search up "brightness"

    click on adjust screen brightness

    On the side you will see "Panel Open-Power On" click on that

    go to keyboard tab

    check the option that says "Standard F1~F12 mode"

    then it'll say that you have to restart computer click yes to restart now or restart later

    When ur computer is done restarting u wont have that problem

    This works

    Hello, i tried this method but after doing so i was greeted with the fact that seemingly every function button had been erased except for my F12 button meaning that i couldn't adjust my volume or anything else however whenever i pressed F12 i was still greeted with the realization that my computer's WiFi had been shut off (which is really irritating)

    Unfortunately, and don't get me wrong; I'm glad it worked for you, but ... that would indicate that you had a setup in windows set incorrectly, either by mistake or by maybe another user in your location?  It is NOT the solution to the "Airplane Mode won't turn OFF" issue.  If you read through the other responses, you will see a few others that had the same fix, but the fix simply turned on the right switch you needed.  For those with an actual "Airplane Mode won't turn OFF" issue it will not help them.

       That said however, it IS one of the first things one should tryfirst to get your computer to turn ON wifi mode.  There are several different ways to do that, which I'll simply suggest people should look at and try since it's quick, simple and gets your machine properly set up, 

       The ONLY solution I have found to date, is as I've said several times before for an actual "Airplane Mode won't turn OFF" issue.  And that is:

       Back up your data on all but the boot drive.  Anything on the boot drive will be lost with this process.

       Cold Start your computer (literally remove power, battery, etc.). 

       Delete and recreate the partitions on your Boot Drive (usually C:)

       Format the disk

       Let Windows reinstall itself when it asks to.  Might take an hour or so.

       After windows is reinstalled, check your settings to see that the problem is fixed; it will be.

       Restart your computer.

       Reinstall your Address Book, emails from backups.

       Reinstall all the software you had installed before.  You'll need all your software Keys etc. here.  Don't forget AV and malware removal software; do those ASAP!

          Reinstall your Address Book, emails from backups. 

    I know this is pretty deep for a lot of people to be working in their Operating System but the process will instruct you all the way through.  It has NEVER failed to work for me and I have now performed it on many different computer brands, desktops and laptops, (no tablets) , all on Windows 10, and it has never failed to work.  Should you have miltiple hard drives, be sure you repartition and work with the Boot Drive:  In this process, the drives change their designations to numbers, so whether it be 0, 1, or whatever, make sure it's the one you boot from. 

    You could, if you wanted to, first use Windows Recover feature to reinstall windows without OR with destroying all your personal files, in case that works before you go into the partitioning et al mode.  Personally that has never worked for me but one person told me it did, so ... since I wasn't there to see it, I can't say why it worked.

       I believe the issue is code  gets written to an "inaccessible" part of the hard drive.  As such, the OS cannot/will not find and delete that code.  Only the repartitioning of the Boot Drive seems to get rid of whatever code is written to the protected and OS-inaccessible parts of the drive.  I still have  not proven that, but I feel strongly it's what's going on. 

    Luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-11-14T23:41:54+00:00

    I found the solution to this problem at:

    http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121227004715AAu7ZM7

    The solution provided by 'shakira':

    go to start menu

    search up "brightness"

    click on adjust screen brightness

    On the side you will see "Panel Open-Power On" click on that

    go to keyboard tab

    check the option that says "Standard F1~F12 mode"

    then it'll say that you have to restart computer click yes to restart now or restart later

    When ur computer is done restarting u wont have that problem

    This works.

    Hello, i tried this method but after doing so i was greeted with the fact that seemingly every function button had been erased except for my F12 button meaning that i couldn't adjust my volume or anything else however whenever i pressed F12 i was still greeted with the realization that my computer's WiFi had been shut off (which is really irritating)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-10-25T15:54:08+00:00

    can you read the original question you crazy lunatic. no one asked for your opinions. get a life

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments