Want to disable Airplane mode

Anonymous
2012-12-28T20:02:33+00:00

Original Title: airplane mode

how do you disable and remove airplane mode. my laptop never leaves the house, so I don't need this feature. my Toshiba laptop keeps going into airplane mode by itself and I can't get it off. I've tried looking in control panel, settings and anywhere else I can think, but there isn't a place that addresses airplane mode.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-08T15:11:44+00:00

I found the solution to this problem at:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121227004715AAu7ZM7

The solution provided by 'shakira':

go to start menu

search up "brightness"

click on adjust screen brightness

On the side you will see "Panel Open-Power On" click on that

go to keyboard tab

check the option that says "Standard F1~F12 mode"

then it'll say that you have to restart computer click yes to restart now or restart later

When ur computer is done restarting u wont have that problem

This works.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-01-11T00:19:44+00:00

    had this problem, tried everything to get rid of airplane mode, in the end I just turned of computer, took out battery and left it. Turned on laptop this morning, heh I have internet again and no airplane mode, happy days.

    Good!  Glad to hear it worked for you.  It didn't help me when I had the problem but my problem was on a desktop; since you "took out battery and left it." I see  though  that yours is a Laptop, tablet, or whatever.  So it was worth trying.

       That should be added to the list of things to check first, as in looking for switches or key combinations etc. mentioned here several times already. 

       I don't get many machines with the problem anymore but I do admit to having "lost" track of that little trick and haven't tried it in the last few months.  Worth taking note of though.

    No, I am not  Microsoft; just a user like you and everyone else here.  I still blame MS in fact, for ignoring this problem so completely.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-01-10T11:03:29+00:00

    had this problem, tried everything to get rid of airplane mode, in the end I just turned of computer, took out battery and left it. Turned on laptop this morning, heh I have internet again and no airplane mode, happy days.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-12-27T02:03:53+00:00

    I bought the pc with win10 installed there IS NO "roll back to win8 or 7" option................

    if there was I wouldn't b bothering with win10 to begin with I start miss the win7 I had before bought my gamer pc with this awful version of Microsoft win10 is suitable for certain people and that is NOT most people that's for sure ! especially due to the fact you made it more friendly for tablet and the xbox option is just really really stupid lol

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-12-27T01:59:50+00:00

    Well, Win 7 or Win 8, depending on how it was built.  Try this:

    using Search, enter recover and see what it says, then follow directions.

    Alternatively, do a Boot Drive search for windows.old.  If it exists, that is the roll-back files and it's a huge one; multiple Gigabytes in size; about 4 Gig IIRC.  If it doesn't exist, then it may not be possible.

    With the ending of the Free Win 10, I know it's supposed to go away but if you have an OS that came before the end of the Free Win 10, it should be possible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments