Want to disable Airplane mode

Anonymous
2012-12-28T20:02:33+00:00

Original Title: airplane mode

how do you disable and remove airplane mode. my laptop never leaves the house, so I don't need this feature. my Toshiba laptop keeps going into airplane mode by itself and I can't get it off. I've tried looking in control panel, settings and anywhere else I can think, but there isn't a place that addresses airplane mode.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-08T15:11:44+00:00

I found the solution to this problem at:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20121227004715AAu7ZM7

The solution provided by 'shakira':

go to start menu

search up "brightness"

click on adjust screen brightness

On the side you will see "Panel Open-Power On" click on that

go to keyboard tab

check the option that says "Standard F1~F12 mode"

then it'll say that you have to restart computer click yes to restart now or restart later

When ur computer is done restarting u wont have that problem

This works.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2016-03-18T02:49:11+00:00

    Who needs airplane mode on a desktop (recently upgraded to Win10)?

    I have been to settings and clicked to turn airplane mode off, and it won't turn off! I can no longer connect to the internet using my hotspot, the only option out here in the boondocks. Please tell us how to remove or disable the airplane mode setting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-02-15T12:19:29+00:00

    I just clicked on the airplane and clicked it off I have windows 10

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-09-02T21:20:58+00:00

    you know what

    i bet Bill Gates have no say on whats going on in his programming department

    Windows 8 is **** to say the least and what i have heard of win10 well let me leave it at that

    lets go back to windows NT or Win7 or better winXP

    you are a bunch of ****

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-07-31T17:18:22+00:00

    Hello

    I have the same problem on my Lenovo Ideacentre in Windows 10. It's nothing like Window 8 etc. so I can't fix it in this way. It is extremely annoying to install Windows 10 and find it has blocked my Internet Use with Airplane mode completely stuck at all points of access. I am also protected with an Internet security program in case it was misguidedly trying to protect me. I have looked at every form of settings adjustment window I could find.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments