Unknown Device - USB error Code 43

Anonymous
2011-12-15T00:54:36+00:00

Dell XPS m1330 running Win7 Pro 32-bit, service pack 1.

I have had this problem seemingly forever but have been ignoring it, as it doesn't seem to affect the performance of my laptop, but now I'm wondering why it has happened.

I have 7 Intel ICH8 host controllers, a Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse driver, USB Composite Device, USB Mass Storage Device and 7 USB Root Hubs that all seem to work fine, I have no problems using any devices I plug in to the machine, but there is an Unknown Device, with no hardware/device details available, reporting a Code 43.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the USB drivers, didn't help, in fact it made it worse as it seems to have lost my fingerprint reader (the reader is installed but apparently not connected to anything). There are no new driver updates. I have no idea what the Unknown Device is referring to, other than Port#0002 Hub#0001.

As I said, all external USB ports work fine, and until I tried fixing it, the Fingerprint reader was fine as well, I don't know what else should be on USB, so don't know what to fix.

Any help?

Chris

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

43 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-10-04T06:40:35+00:00

    its not working to me, the eror stey on

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-10-17T10:33:18+00:00

    IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_8086&PID_9CB1&REV_0003&SID_06B01028

    IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_8086&PID_9CB1&REV_0003

    IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_8086&PID_9CB1

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-12-29T02:11:24+00:00

    USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments