I solved the problem by using another USB cable.
Unknown Device - USB error Code 43
Dell XPS m1330 running Win7 Pro 32-bit, service pack 1.
I have had this problem seemingly forever but have been ignoring it, as it doesn't seem to affect the performance of my laptop, but now I'm wondering why it has happened.
I have 7 Intel ICH8 host controllers, a Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse driver, USB Composite Device, USB Mass Storage Device and 7 USB Root Hubs that all seem to work fine, I have no problems using any devices I plug in to the machine, but there is an Unknown Device, with no hardware/device details available, reporting a Code 43.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the USB drivers, didn't help, in fact it made it worse as it seems to have lost my fingerprint reader (the reader is installed but apparently not connected to anything). There are no new driver updates. I have no idea what the Unknown Device is referring to, other than Port#0002 Hub#0001.
As I said, all external USB ports work fine, and until I tried fixing it, the Fingerprint reader was fine as well, I don't know what else should be on USB, so don't know what to fix.
Any help?
Chris
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-10-02T13:15:12+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-07-06T18:46:50+00:00 olá tiva hum Problema identico com hum pendrive.
Segue Solução:
CMD digite -> diskpart
digite -----> listaA de discotecas
DEPOIS digite o disco com seguinte Comando:
Select discoteca
"1,2,3", Onde Seu Dispositivo ESTA.
Limpo
Select uma Partição 1.
DEPOIS:
fs = fat32 Formato Rápida
DEPOIS Comando:
atribuir
Prontinho Seu Dispositivo ESTA novo Folha em.
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Bat.
@start
@diskpart
@select disk""
@"1,2,3,"
@clean
@creat partition primary
@select partiotion 1
@format fs=fat32 quick
@assign
@pause
-
Anonymous
2014-07-06T18:46:04+00:00 olá tiva hum Problema identico com hum pendrive.
Segue Solução:
CMD digite -> diskpart
digite -----> list disk
DEPOIS digite o disco com seguinte Comando:
select disk
"1,2,3", Onde Seu Dispositivo ESTA.
clean
select partition 1.
DEPOIS:
fs = fat32 formato rápida
DEPOIS Comando:
atribuir
Prontinho Seu Dispositivo ESTA novo Folha em.
-
Anonymous
2014-06-08T04:39:08+00:00 Did your problem solve??
if yes.. please tell how..
-
Anonymous
2014-06-08T04:37:58+00:00 Is this still active??
Anyone capable of solving this problem with some other effective solution?