IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_8086&PID_9CB1&REV_0003&SID_06B01028
IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_8086&PID_9CB1&REV_0003
IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_8086&PID_9CB1
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Dell XPS m1330 running Win7 Pro 32-bit, service pack 1.
I have had this problem seemingly forever but have been ignoring it, as it doesn't seem to affect the performance of my laptop, but now I'm wondering why it has happened.
I have 7 Intel ICH8 host controllers, a Microsoft Keyboard and Mouse driver, USB Composite Device, USB Mass Storage Device and 7 USB Root Hubs that all seem to work fine, I have no problems using any devices I plug in to the machine, but there is an Unknown Device, with no hardware/device details available, reporting a Code 43.
I have uninstalled and reinstalled all the USB drivers, didn't help, in fact it made it worse as it seems to have lost my fingerprint reader (the reader is installed but apparently not connected to anything). There are no new driver updates. I have no idea what the Unknown Device is referring to, other than Port#0002 Hub#0001.
As I said, all external USB ports work fine, and until I tried fixing it, the Fingerprint reader was fine as well, I don't know what else should be on USB, so don't know what to fix.
Any help?
Chris
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_8086&PID_9CB1&REV_0003&SID_06B01028
IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_8086&PID_9CB1&REV_0003
IUSB3\ROOT_HUB30&VID_8086&PID_9CB1
USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE
Ok i think nobody is listening or even giving proper answers due to the fact they dont really know, i have the exact same problem as everyone else here, and nothing has worked and i have seen all the answers and tried them and it still has not worked, no matter what i do nothing works, even after i un-install this unknown device and update and even after the reboot i enter back to find the problem has not gone away and the error 43 unknown devise appear back again, ive even gone to Microsoft fix it, and it detected the problem but had absolutely no explanation on how to fix it, it just sent me back to Microsoft homepage and that really pisses me off, than we all get the same advise again and again and again, if it didnt work the first 500 fookin times why would it work again, im losing faith in Microsoft, NOT ONE OF MY USB PORTS WORK!!!!! NONE !!!!!< I PLUG A DEVICE IN.......FOR E.G....MP3.......it charges........but does not display in "my computer"......ive done everything that tries to answer this problem, all the standard reply's.........NOTHING WORKS.........so basically i have a Fooking door stop now for a computer.............so now ima ask this, does apple have the same problems, if not i will be spending money there if i cant get a clear solution to this problem, we all spend to much money, to fOok around dealing with these error's
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more