How do I show folder size column in Windows 7 Explorer?

Anonymous
2012-09-04T16:33:02+00:00

I have looked everywhere for adding the column to show folder size in Windows 7.  When a folder is deleted to the recycle bin, the folder size is shown in the "Size" column.  How do I mimic the recycle bin settings for all Windows Explorer viewing?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-09-04T19:03:09+00:00

It's supposed to be a resource drag so it was removed,

There are some other third party utilities that are compatible with win-7 listed here,

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/26640-folder-size-windows-explorer.html

If you use the Arrow key the popup description/ tool tip will appear automatically without the use of a mouse to hover.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2016-05-16T00:26:11+00:00

    Gee thanks.  Maybe 1 in 50 people don't know about this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2016-05-16T00:08:08+00:00

    I think most of us want to scan a whole folder of files or folders and know what is taking up most of the space or none of the space.  We want to see folders like we presently see files.  Apparently Microsoft deems us unworthy to bother with.  All hail Microsoft.  Quiet, easily satiated customers are so much easier to deal with.  What they may not realize is that vocal customers with high standards also help others once they know solutions to problems.  How this condition can exist for years is a complete mystery.  Guess there are are a lot of stupid Windows users who just take it.  If only OS X wasn't so much stupider.  I should have started learning Linux when I was a fetus.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-03-31T06:20:40+00:00

    This post seems clogged with fake users advertising a program of doubful (given the intense fake advertising) security. I'd ask a moderator to intervene and check the source of these posts if possible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-01-30T14:07:49+00:00

    hi. to show folder size just install this one:

    http://www.mindgems.com/products/Folder-Size/Folder-Size.html

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments