How do I show folder size column in Windows 7 Explorer?

Anonymous
2012-09-04T16:33:02+00:00

I have looked everywhere for adding the column to show folder size in Windows 7.  When a folder is deleted to the recycle bin, the folder size is shown in the "Size" column.  How do I mimic the recycle bin settings for all Windows Explorer viewing?

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Accessibility

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-09-04T19:03:09+00:00

It's supposed to be a resource drag so it was removed,

There are some other third party utilities that are compatible with win-7 listed here,

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/26640-folder-size-windows-explorer.html

If you use the Arrow key the popup description/ tool tip will appear automatically without the use of a mouse to hover.

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-07-29T15:43:02+00:00

    Definitely go for freeware - I got Folder Size. It's easy and works really well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-28T03:59:34+00:00

    This is not available after windows xp.

    I personally use this free Folder Size tool for disk cleanup purposes.

    Thanks a lot, this program "Folder Size" really is a nice tool.

    Great overview, quick and easy to use!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-12T14:48:10+00:00

    Do any of these utilities work on network drives?  I need to view folder sizes on our network server, not just on my hard drive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-07T19:15:11+00:00

    This is not available after windows xp.

    I personally use this free Folder Size tool for disk cleanup purposes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments